Server Side Developer
Kahoot! is a facilitator of awesome, highly engaging, fun learning experiences. What is powerful about Kahoot! is not necessarily what you learn, but how you learn. With over 70 million monthly active users and a public library of over 15 million games on our platform, kahoots are being played in over 180 countries, both in the classroom and beyond.
We share a philosophy to build products that engage the heart, hand and mind to create a more social, meaningful and powerful learning experience. At Kahoot!, we want our teams to reflect the cultural diversity of our users so we especially welcome applications from those with diverse backgrounds.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. We’ve been growing steadily over the past year, and now as a team of close to 60, we’ve raised more fundings, updated our mobile app and launched premium products. Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
Your day at Kahoot!
You'll be working across all of the Stack in Kahoot!. As a server-side engineer, you will work on products that affect millions of our users using various technologies including large-scale systems, big data platform, and distributed systems. We are looking for an engineer with ‘full stack’ mentality who is able to move quickly between low-level networking, backend, frontend, and much more. If you're experienced with various technologies, a fast learner and focusing on “get things done”, we'd love to hear from you!
- Work with the rest of server team to design and build a robust and flexible global platform
- Work with the product teams to help deliver new features and innovations
- Work with the infrastructure team to help enhance our server technologies and deployment processes
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Improve our existing solutions
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience with building scalable, high-performance backend services
- Ability to lead a server-side project through the entire software lifecycle
- Strong experience developing RESTful APIs and backend services
- Good understanding of how frontend works
- A commitment to high automated test coverage and clean code
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3-5 years experience as a server-side developer
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Strong programming experience in Java
- Programming experience with node.js, Python or Scala
- Experience with Couchbase or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr or Lucene
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other SQL database
- Experience with Docker
- Linux and scripting experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience building scalable architecture
- Experience with Git, Git flow and code reviews
Kahoot! strives to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees, that includes share options, insurance, and pension contribution.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
As a fast growing start-up, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on the real fun!
We offer you:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share options
- Insurance and pension contribution
- Home broadband allowance and mobile subscription
- A fast growing environment
- A new, modern and international office hosting over 20 nationalities
- A social atmosphere (Friday lunch, board games, etc)
- Lunch contribution
- An informal and fun but driven culture
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!
We look forward to hearing from you! Apply now - https://kahoot.com/jobs/