Business Development Specialist
Are you a Sales professional with a passion for Education?
Kahoot! seeks an enthusiastic Business Development Specialist based in Oslo to join our Sales team.
You will have the opportunity to work with a company that is growing exponentially. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, welcome challenges and have the drive necessary to win new businesses, this is an amazing opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company.
The Business Development Specialist will be responsible to pursue new sales prospects within the Education market, negotiating deals and maintaining customer satisfaction. We are looking for someone well versed in SaaS sales, demonstrating expertise by driving revenue and winning key deals. Ultimately, you’ll help us meet and surpass business expectations and contribute to our company’s rapid and sustainable growth. This position is based in Oslo and reports to the Sales Operations Manager.
Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform that makes it easy to create, share and play fun learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes. Kahoot! is used in a multitude of settings – in K-12 and university classrooms, corporate offices, social settings, and major sporting and cultural events. Kahoot! is embraced by teachers, loved by students and valued by organizations and in 2018, Kahoot! had over 1 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome and build the leading learning community in the world. Launched in 2013, the company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US and the UK.
Want to learn more about Kahoot! For School? Play this Kahoot!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. Representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year; we joined forces with Dragonbox, the award-winning game-based learning studio and maker of the popular math apps and Poio, the learn-to-read app and now as a team of more than 60, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
Did you know that 97% of the Fortune 500 play Kahoot!? We all have an exciting journey ahead!
- Manage inbound leads and communicate with school administrators and decision-makers who are interested in bringing Kahoot in the classrooms
- You will seek new business opportunities by contacting potential customers by phone, email, and otherwise to develop relationships and close business at the school/district level
- Own and coordinate all aspects of the sales cycle
- Identify and map prospective customers in the education space in order to meet revenue targets.
- Document all activities in CRM, and maintain an organized pipeline
- Develop a deep understanding of the products, customer needs and competitive landscape
- Support sales team, as required
- Proven experience in a similar role within SaaS
- Passionate about education and literacy
- Self-driven individual who proactively identifies opportunities and makes things happen
- Excellent relationship management skills with very strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and sales skills
- Quick learner in understanding the ongoing impact of EdTech
- Ability to thrive and hunger to outperform in a fast-growing environment
Nice to have
- EdTech sales experience
- Startup experience
- Experience working with schools is a plus!
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Insurance and pension contribution
- Home broadband allowance
- Mobile subscription
- Friday lunch & food contribution
- Subsidized Norwegian language classes
- Modern offices in downtown Oslo
- Friendly, international environment and after-work activities
- Relocation and settling-in assistance
Speaking of relocation – check our “Living and working in Norway” page and find out what makes this country awesome!